Since 17 November 2020 a number of new COVID-19 rules are applicable in Russia.
The most important new rules are:
1. The COVID-19 laboratory test must be no older than 48 hours now (there was no time limit set previously).
2. Discharge from COVID-sick leave requires 1 negative test now, instead of 2 previously.
3. Self-isolation of 14 days is mandatory for the following persons:
– COVID-19 positive tested;
– having COVID-19 symptoms (suspected cases);
– having had close contact with persons who have tested positive for COVID-19. In case of absence of COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days, a COVID-19 test is not necessary.
4. The territorial bodies of Rospotrebnadzor are obliged to:
– notify persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 and all their contacts of mandatory 14 days isolation;
– notify medical organizations about the need to establish medical surveillance of the above persons.
The new rules will remain in force until 1 January 2022.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you.