We will be pleased to assist you with any issues relating to your IP strategy mapping, registration and administration of your IPR in Russia, and enforcement against infringers.
We can assist you with following services:
- Acquisition of patents and trademarks,
- Negotiation and drafting of licenses agreements or alienation of IPR rights,
- Advise on IP intra group structuring with practical hints to maximize revenues for tax purposes,
- Application for registration, modification of franchise and license agreements,
- Registration of trademarks with the customs authorities exercising to fight and prevent “grey” imports,
- Litigation, dispute resolution and anti-piracy initiatives.
Registration of plant varieties and animal breeds – our specialism
As we have a long and close cooperation with international breeding companies, we have developed thorough expertise in the field of plant varieties and animal breeds protection. Our clients benefit from the experience of Juralink’s professionals dealing with the specialized authorities: Gossort Commission of Russian Federation (re acquisition of BPR patents and registration of license agreements for BPR) and Rosselkhoznadzor (obtaining the phytosanitary or veterinary certificates for import of plants or pedigree animals).
Risks of lack or improper IP registration in Russia
Please keep in mind that the lack of any application or failure to properly file for protection of your IPR in Russia can result in an author’s ideas being stolen or used with no recourse. As patents are valid only for a limited period of time and a regular update of the application is required, the titleholder could lose the right of protection and remedies.
IPR – important assets also in Russia
Nowadays a review of a company’s IPR portfolio is an integral part of legal due diligence to any party developing its entrance strategy to the Russian market, placing a new product, starting cooperation with Russian counterparties or planning any other investment project. We can provide you with a wide range of IP services on all pending issues offering reliable budgets and cost-effective solutions.
Litigation and dispute resolution
The right choice of applicable law and dispute resolution in your contract can mean a world of difference. Also do make sure that the decision can actually be enforced. Russian courts can certainly be an option to successfully enforce your rights against private companies or government agencies. Juralink’s litigation team has successfully assisted many clients in litigation and arbitration in Russian courts. Where possible, we are eager to help you prevent dispute resolution by reaching an amicable agreement during mediation and pre-trial negotiations.
We are specialized in providing advice on:
- Out-of-court dispute resolution,
- Enforcement of a foreign court’s decisions,
- Defending clients in administrative cases,
- Representing clients in commercial disputes, such as debt collection, bankruptcy cases, labor disputes, disputes with customs and tax authorities, IPR infringement cases etc.
Where relevant we may involve specialist detective agencies to help investigate the case and gather the necessary evidence.